By guest blogger, Carol Cannon
Each year, we have an opportunity to start out the New Year with a fresh vision. We have the traditional New Year commitments, but also the Chinese New Year opportunity for positive change. The Lunar New Year ushers in the Year of the Horse and begins on January 31 this year. The Solar New Year (the date that Classical Feng Shui is based on) begins February 4th. So, at the latest, be prepared for a galloping year with the horse – no later than February 3rd!
5 Tips to Shift Your Soul + Create BIG Things in the Chinese New Year:
1. Start at the exterior of your home, and be sure that you have a clear path for all good things to enter!
2. Perform a thorough cleansing of your home. Purge or donate anything no longer used. Setting positive intentions will then allow room to manifest on a clean slate.
3. Sit in meditation, empty your mind and allow the vision that your Soul desires to come through. Think of all areas of your life: Career, Spirituality, Family & Friends, Prosperity, Reputation, Relationships, Health, Children & Creativity and Travel and Helping People. Is anything out of balance? What can you do to harmonize that?
4. Perform a ‘clearing’ of your home. Take a walk through your space, starting at the front door. Using a metal singing bowl – or – simply clapping your hands, walk through each room, toning or clapping in every corner. Stagnant energy likes to nestle in there and you will be allowing the old to move on and allow the new in.
5. Create your vision for the upcoming year. Gather a few friends and create a “vision board” by cutting out images and words from magazines. Paste them on a poster board in a collage, and then hang it in a private place that you will see every day. Speak your intentions out loud, and observe the board each day. Your “Soul” will take over and help you manifest your heart’s desire.
You are now ready to create BIG things in your life for 2014! Join me next month as we begin a 9 month journey through each area of your life. This will be a positive year to make the Shift that your Soul desires.
Guest blogger, Carol Cannon, a graduate of the New York School of Feng Shui, has been a Feng Shui Practitioner since 1993. She is also certified as a BBEC (Building Biologie™ Environmental Consultant). A resident of Emmaus, PA, Carol’s passion is to help people find peace and joy in their lives. Visit here on Facebook HERE.
Photo credit: Nest Design Group