By Carol Cannon
Feng Shui has specific recommendations to improve your life. This month, the focus is on career, and how you can create success. Here are some simple steps to get started!
7 Feng Shui Tips to Improve Your Career
1. The Feng Shui westernized bagua holds a space for improving your career; located in the front/center of your home or office space. Often it is found in the foyer where your front entry is. Add a water fountain or a picture of water to this area. Career is ruled by water, which you’ll want to keep clean and flowing properly!
2. Add a round area rug in front of your main entrance. This will allow the positive ch’i energy to be captured and circulated into your home. When you enter your space carrying your outside worldly troubles, this is a great place to let go. Your troubles can exit right back out the door, while you enter the space with a fresh mind!
3. Place your desk with a supportive wall behind you in a location that allows you to also see the entry. This will give you a sense of endless possibilities with the feeling of support behind you. Make sure your chair has a strong, tall back to it to contribute to the supportive feeling.
4. What if I can only have my desk facing a wall with the entrance behind me? While not ideal (It will cause you to feel blocked in your career and jumpy, not knowing who is sneaking up behind you), there are restorative cures. Try adding a large mirror on the wall in front of you so that you can see anything and everyone that emerges from behind you. This will also expand your vision and open up your creative juices! If you can’t add a mirror, add an expansive landscape scene with a small mirror to see behind you. This will allow your mind to feel more at peace and expansive at the same time.
5. Your desk is a statement of power. Create a ritual to keep it clear every night before you go home or to bed (home office). If you create a paperless office (read: 7 Steps to a Paper Makeover) this will help you immensely!
6. Keep a small bell – or – small Himalayan Singing Bowl on your desk. Each day, before beginning your work, ring the bowl or bell to clear the space. Set your intentions for the tasks you need to accomplish and experience the ease at which your day will flow.
7. Bring a live plant into your office space. If you don’t have a green thumb, bring some bamboo placed in water for good luck. Live plants (read: Can You Really Grow Fresh Air? Or, Should You Buy it in a Can) are helpful for your air quality while also providing a connection to Mother Earth!
Try to get outside for a walk before or after work – or – at lunchtime. Reconnect with the source of ch’i from our wonderful planet. Give thanks that you are fortunate to have a job, career, or your own business. Keep positive thoughts in your mind and watch your career grow!
Carol Cannon, a graduate of the New York School of Feng Shui, has been a Feng Shui Practitioner since 1993. She is also certified as a BBEC (Building Biologie™ Environmental Consultant). A resident of Emmaus, PA, Carol’s passion is to help people find peace and joy in their lives. Visit Carol HERE.