Sweepstakes Rules – The Green Label
Energy Upgrade California In Los Angeles County Green Label Sweepstakes
Official Contest Rules
Do I need to purchase anything to participate in this Contest? No. There is no purchase necessary to participate in this Contest. A contest applicant is considered to be a “Participant” for purposes of these rules. Energy Upgrade California in Los Angeles County, including Los Angeles County, its Green Label Marketing consultant team, and Build It Green are considered to be “Contest Administrators” for the purposes of these rules.
Who is conducting this Contest? The County of Los Angeles is conducting this contest as part of the Energy Upgrade California Green Label Rebate program, funded through the US Department of Energy ARRA funds through the Better Buildings Program award.
Who can participate in this Contest? Individuals who:
- Are 21 years of age or older at time of the Contest; and
- Legally reside, occupy and own a detached, single family home physically located in Los Angeles County
Who cannot participate in this Contest? Individuals or their Family/Household members who:
- Live outsideLos AngelesCounty
- Are employed by, are a family member of, or are a household member of an employee of Los Angeles County, Energy Upgrade California Los Angeles County stakeholder team, Build It Green, an electric or gas utility that serves Los Angeles County, and promotional companies or advertising agencies involved with this Contest (or their affiliates or subsidiaries). For the purposes of these rules, “Family Members” are considered to be spouses, parents, children or siblings. “Household Members” are considered to be persons living at the same street address, either full or part time, whether or not they are legally related.
When will this Contest begin and end? This Contest will begin on April 10, 2012 and will continue thereafter through May 9, 2012.
How can I participate in and win this Contest? Submit a completed quiz. The quiz must include the Participant’s name, email address and Participant must have reached a minimum number of Green Points. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 pm PT on May 9, 2012. It may be necessary for contest administrators to conduct a site inspection as a part of the evaluation process. All Participants must make the designated home available for the site inspection at a mutually agreeable date and time in order to qualify. Only one quiz per household will be accepted; multiple quizzes will void all such additional quizzes. Entries that are incomplete or illegible for any reason are void and will not be accepted. After submitting a completed quiz, Participants can increase their odds of winning by submitting additional “Entries” as outlined on the Sweepstakes page.
How do I win? Energy Upgrade California and Build It Green will evaluate entries based on the checklist scores. From the group qualifying entries, a minimum of 3 finalists (“Finalists”) will be randomly selected through an opportunity drawing for a more in-depth site review to determine compatibility with the contest’s marketing requirements. Finalists will each receive a free home evaluation on site, in their homes conducted by a GreenPoint Rater. The Rater will assess the viability of obtaining a GreenPoint Rated existing home certification. After review, Build It Green will choose a winner (“Winner”); The Winner’s home must be a structurally sound residence and meet all technical requirements as determined by Build It Green and the Rater. All determinations by the judges will be final. Contest Winners will be selected on or around June 10, 2012.
What can I win? The 3 finalists will receive a free GreenPoint Rated checklist evaluation of their home. The Winner will receive a full rating, valued at approximately $2000, conducted by a certified GreenPoint Rater and a Certificate of Evaluation issued by Build It Green. The Certificate of Evaluation will only be issued if the project achieves the minimum of 25 points and meets all of the necessary prerequisites outlined in the GreenPoint Rated Existing Home Single Family rating system.
What are my odds of winning this Contest? The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received and an evaluation by the judges. Homes will be chosen based on the eligibility of the home to be GreenPoint Rated and cooperation by the homeowner to act as a case study and public spokesperson in future media opportunities.
How will I be notified? Finalists and Winners will be notified by e-mail based on the information provided on the contest entry form. Names of Finalists and Winners will be listed at www.energyupgradegreenlabel.org on or before June 10, 2012. Only the individual who is declared the Winner may claim the Prize.
Will I be responsible for paying taxes on the prize? Yes. Other than expressly stated in prize descriptions in these Rules, all federal, state, local, and/or other taxes, without limitation, including income taxes, are sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner will receive a 1099 form from the Contest Administrators for the total approximate retail value, as stated herein, of the prize he/she won in the calendar year it was won.
What are my responsibilities as the Prize Winner? The Prize Winner will be required to provide:
- Signed Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release
- IRS Form W-9
- Proper Identification (passport, driver’s license, or other form of government-issued picture identification)
- Other documentation Sponsors may require
Under what conditions will a Prize Winner be disqualified and an alternate winner selected?
- If he/she cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made for ten (10) business days following the Prize announcement;
- If he/she is found to be ineligible;
- If he/she declines to participate in the Final Round; or
- If he/she does not comply with these Rules
What else do I need to know about this Contest? This Contest is subject to the following additional rules:
1. Prize Substitutions. Prizes may not be redeemed, exchanged or otherwise substituted. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE
2. Contest Administrators Decisions. Decisions of Contest Administrators with respect to this Contest shall be final in all regards. Contest Administrators reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to change, alter and/or modify these rules at any time, including the substitution of a prize of equal or greater value. Such change, alteration and/or modification shall become effective upon the broadcast of the same by Contest Administrators.
3. Privacy. Contest Administrators have the right to modify, use in perpetuity on any media, assign to any third parties and or dispose of entries. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Contest Administrators and will not be returned.
4. Promotional Use of Winner’s Identity. By participating in this Contest, you grant Contest Administrators and their designees permission to use your name, picture, likeness, biographical information, statements, address (city and state) and/or voice in any manner for any marketing, advertising or promotions, whether telecast, published, or used in other medium (including but not limited to posting on the web), and to maintain such name, picture, likeness and/or voice in a database for future use, all without additional remuneration, all to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. Technical Problems. Neither Contest Administrators nor their agents and representatives shall be responsible for:
- Any technical difficulties including, but not limited to lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, garbled phone calls, limited calling, dropped lines, busy phone lines, computer error or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, illegible or mutilated correspondence, inability to access Contest via the Internet due to hardware, software compatibility, server and/or any other condition beyond the control of Contest Administrators;
- Inability of the online portion of the Contest to run as originally planned, including but not limited to tampering or infection by computer virus. Contest Administrators at their sole discretion, reserve the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Internet portion of the Contest and conduct any or all drawings from all salvageable eligible entries received.
6. Contest Cancellation/Suspension. Contest Administrator reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event Contest Administrators cannot preserve the security or proper administration of this Contest or for any other reason in Contest Administrators’ sole and absolute discretion.
7. Trademarks. Any trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles used in this Contest are the sole property of the respective owners of such trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles and are used herein solely for identification purposes.
8. Legal Preemption. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and to these Rules. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
9. Acknowledgements. By participating, you agree:
- To be bound by these Rules and the decisions of Energy Upgrade California in Los Angeles County, including Los Angeles County, its consultant team, and Build It Green (or their designated representative), which are final and binding in all respects and to waive any right to claim ambiguity with the Rules;
- To waive any right to claim ambiguity with these Rules;
- To indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Administrator from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest;
- To release all right to bring a claim, action, or proceeding against the Contest Administrator;
- That Contest Administrator shall have no responsibility or liability in connection with disputes over procedures or with respect to use of any prizes (including property loss, damage, personal injury, or death);
- That any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law; Contest Administrators reserve the right to seek damages for violations;
- That all expenses and use of the Prize not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the Winner;
- That Contest Administrator are not responsible for multiple entries, entries that are entered by other than human means or by other mechanical means or for entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, illegible, mutilated, forged, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, postage due, misdirected, incomplete, destroyed, lost, photocopied entries or entries otherwise not in compliance with these Rules and such entries will be disqualified;
- That in no event shall Contest Administrator be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages associated with the Contest.
11. Disputes. As condition of participating in this Contest, the Participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than Participants’ actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Acknowledgement/Waiver/Indemnification/Release. Winners of any Prize shall be required to execute the attached Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release prior to his or her receipt of such Prize.
13. Rules/Winners List. Official Rules will be posted at www.energyupgradegreenlabel.org during the Contest entry period. Following the Contest entry period, Winners will be announced at www.energyupgradegreenlabel.org
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Contest Administrators specifically do not warrant, guarantee or in any way assure, vouch for or underwrite the work done by contractors performing work on the home nor the performance of any equipment/appliance installed. Contest Administrators disclaim any and all express or implied warranties or representations of any kind or nature regarding the home remodeling/repairs and equipment/appliances or any aspect thereof, including, but not limited to, merchantability, material, manufacture, workmanship, design, fitness for any particular purpose, value, condition, operation or performance. In no event shall Contest Administrators be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages.