Meet Oka-b: Sustainable Shoes with a Small Footprint
Move over Carrie Bradshaw (and her oh-so overpriced) heels – there’s a new sexy (and sustainable) shoe in town. And, while this footwear is another pretty face, their price tag won’t cost you a New York brownstone mortgage. Ladies, say hello to your new lover, Oka-b!
Keep your heels, head and standards high.’ ~Coco Chanel
We cover a lot of ground wearing our shoes, but have you ever considered how far your shoes -and the materials used to make – them travel before they end up on your feet? Otherwise known as a carbon footprint, Oka-b shoes have soul, but take an extremely low toll on our environment and resources.
In fact, less than 1% of shoes worn in the United States today are actually manufactured in the USA. Oka-b shoes are manufactured in Buford, Georgia and each shoe travels only 7% as far as the average imported shoe. This prevents 10,000 miles of carbon emissions from the ships, planes and trucks required to transport shoes to the US. Resulting in a 1/200th of the average imported shoe carbon footprint.
Oh, did I forget to mention, we’re giving away three chances to win your own shopping-shoe-spree at Oka-b! One Grand Prize winner will receive a $200.00 E-gift card for Oka-b and two First Prize Winners will receive a $100.00 E-gift cart to shop to your heart (and feet’s) content. That’s a total value of $400.00. Who’s ready to win? Click below to enter now:
Stylish Shoes with Soul
From flip-flops and ballet flats to sandals and wedges, the peeps at Oka-b know what us gals need to keep our feet comfy, while looking cute. They female team has truly thought of, not just our feet with built-in soothing massage beads and premium arch support, but of our planet by using eco-friendly and recyclable materials. Their Wear to Work collection offers wedges can take you from the office to happy hour while the ballet flats will keep your feet dry from rain with styles from sparkles to glam embellishments. Their Vacation & Resort Shoes are dreamy and cute enough for a day at the beach or an evening under the stars (oh yes, they’ve even got styles with starfish)! Don’t worry mama’s – they’ve got you and your little girls covered with their (beyond) adorable Mommy & Me Gift Set. Can anyone say Mother’s Day gifts? Other perks include:
1.) Flexible: The shoes are made of a specially formulated material called Microplast that it is soft, lightweight, and flexible for all day comfort and everyday wear.
2.) Easy-to-Clean: The recyclable material is easy to wear and clean – just wipe it down or throw it in the washing machine
3.) Comfortable: The principles of reflexology inspire the design of all Oka-B shoes. Our strategically placed massage beads will pamper your feet with every step!
I have enough shoes.’ ~Said no one ever
We’re giving away three chances to win your own shopping-shoe-spree at Oka-b! One Grand Prize winner will receive a $200.00 E-gift card for Oka-b and two First Prize Winners will receive a $100.00 E-gift cart to shop to your heart (and feet’s) content. That’s a total value of $400.00. Who’s ready to win? Click below to enter now:
The Oka-b Difference
We took the flip flop you love and made it even better.’ ~The Oka-b Team
One of the healthy home tips we, here at the Healthy Home Dream Team, tout regularly is to remove your shoes before entering your home. That’s because 60% of household dust is actually tracked in from the bottom of your shoes. This toxic dust can include dangerous heavy metals and toxic pesticides that you disperse throughout your home and breathe in. But, washing shoes is not generally something people take the time to do – and most shoes can’t be cleaned easily or with water.
The solution? Just throw your Oka-b shoes in the washing machine or dishwasher.
You read that right. But that’s just tip of the big-toe-iceberg on what makes this family-owned and operated, women-led US shoe manufacturer, Oka-b, so sassy, sexy and sustainable. As an American-made women’s footwear brand, the people at Oka-b take pride in creating a shoe that is durable. Each shoe is made with a strong, patented plastic blend that is machine washable, dishwasher safe and recyclable.
The Oka-b Shoe Benefits Include:
- As women they know what it takes to make the perfect sandal and ballet flat.
- They realize that cute works only if it is comfortable.
- They handcraft Shoes That Love You in a Georgia factory where inspiration comes from near and far.
- You can get an exchange for a better-fitting size within 30 days of purchase… and for exchanges they’ll cover shipping so it’s free to you!
- As an American made shoe, Oka-b takes pride in creating a shoe that is durable.
- Each shoe is made with a strong, patented plastic blend that is machine washable and dishwasher safe.
- Their women leadership team goes above and beyond stringent US standards to create opportunity and community for our diverse 200 employees, including veterans.
- Free shipping on orders over $75.00!
- Plus, they’re cute, comfortable & versatile.
The Oka-b Sustainability Features Include:
- The Georgia-based factory allows easy distribution throughout the US with a low carbon footprint.
- Oka-b shoes travel 93% less than the average imported shoe.
- The majority of shoes sold in the United States aren’t recyclable.
- Most that claim to be are just shoe redistribution programs.
- Oka-b uses a closed-loop recycling to reduce the use of virgin material and to keep old shoes from becoming environmental waste.
- The average pair of Oka-b shoes made this year contain 15-25% recycled material.
- If you return your well-loved and worn Oka-b shoes to their US factory, they’ll recycle them.
- Shoes that are free from contamination are recycled for use in new Oka-b products. Shoes with contaminants are processed and recycled for use in non-apparel goods.
- Mail your worn Oka-b shoes and they’ll even email you you’ll receive a 15% off promo code as a thank you from them and the planet.
Enter to Win
We’re giving away three chances to win your own shopping-shoe-spree at Oka-b! One Grand Prize winner will receive a $200.00 E-gift card for Oka-b and two First Prize Winners will receive a $100.00 E-gift cart to shop to your heart (and feet’s) content. That’s a total value of $400.00. Who’s ready to win? Click below to enter now: Open to residents of the US. Sweepstakes ends 5/22/18. Whatcha’ waiting for? Share with a friend or loved one who could enjoy better back and foot support while looking fabulous! Enter below: